Effective leaders are first and foremost effective people.
Personal ethics can’t be separated from professional ethics.
Therefore, the character of the leader is essential.
– What is Leadership?
– What does Leadership mean to You?
– Where do you want to lead: self, home, business, job, society?
– Do you have the knowledge, courage, compassion & discipline needed ?
– Are you ‘responsible for’ or ‘in charge of’ ?
– Do you ‘walk your talk’ – lead by example?
– Do you embrace responsibility?
– Are you demonstrating genuine interest in people?
– Do you praise and reward your team members?
– What is your ‘why’ in your dealings with others?
– Do you speak ‘with’ the people or ‘at’ them?
– Do you strategically work towards a win-win outcome?
“Management is doing things right, Leadership is doing the right things”
Peter F. Drucker